Enhanced Oil Recovery Course
Who should attend?
Reservoir engineers, production engineers and geoscientists interested in EOR or involved in EOR projects either from a planning or operational perspective.
Predict incremental oil recovery and develop production profile using required data and its sources
- Specify components of a well-designed water flood plan
- Estimate injection water requirement, incremental oil production, and volumes of produced water during applying chemical EOR methods
- Understand the thermal processes to enhance the oil recovery
- Use reservoir simulation to address basic recovery mechanisms and optimization.
- Improved oil recovery methods (IOR)
- Comparative performance of different EOR methods
- Screening criteria and technical constraints
- Fundamentals and applications
- Phase behavior and fluid properties
- General overview of solvent methods
- Carbon dioxide flooding
- Case studies
Polymer and Surfactant flooding
- Rheology of polymer solutions.
- Polymer adsorption and retention.
- Micro emulsion flooding.
- Comparison with water flooding; performance evaluation.
- Surfactant Flooding.
- Field cases and exercises
- Steam injection processes
- Cyclic and continuous steam injection
- Surface facilities
- Steam flood performance
- Field wide forecast
- Performance evaluation – field cases.
- Simulation models as reservoir management tools;
- EOR project development and economic analysis
- Case studies.