|22 July 2019 - 26 July 2019||Aberdeen||$ 4,150||Register →|
|4 November 2019 - 8 November 2019||Aberdeen||$ 4,150||Register →|
Who should attend?
Production, reservoir, and drilling engineers, as well as others who need a better understanding of fracturing applications.
About the course
The course takes a practical approach to the applications of hydraulic fracturing. Fracturing technology benefits and limitations in all types of sandstone and carbonate reservoirs are explained. Fracture modeling is used as a tool to demonstrate how modeling software can be used effectively in practical applications. All aspects of the planning, designing, and implementation of fracturing treatments are covered. In addition to the technical presentation, the course contains many practical exercises and class problems based on case histories. You will take home a fresh approach to hydraulic fracturing, eager to select viable candidates for more effective fracturing applications.
You will learn
- Design hydraulic fracture treatments for typical field situations
- Apply the concepts of well stimulation by hydraulic fracturing to various types of reservoir conditions to optimize well productivity
- Recognize opportunities for substantial production improvement by application of effective hydraulic fracturing
- Gather pertinent well data and information to plan, design, implement, and evaluate fracturing treatments for all types of reservoirs
- Realize the strengths and limitations of hydraulic fracture theory as it relates to field applications of fracturing
- Become a participant in each fracturing treatment rather than just a technical observer
- Introduction to the fracturing process and mechanics
- Practical fracture design
- Fracturing fluid additives and proppant
- Strengths and limitations of fracturing applications
- Production increase
- Factors involved in field implementation
- Acid fracturing vs. proppant fracturing
- Frac packs
- Fracturing in horizontal wells
- QA/QC of fracturing treatments
- Evaluation of fracturing treatment success