Petrophysics in Carbonate Reservoir
|5 August 2019 - 9 August 2019||Aberdeen||$ 4,150||Register →|
|11 November 2019 - 15 November 2019||Lagos||$ 4,150||Register →|
Who should attend?
Geologists, geophysicists, petrophysicists and reservoir, petroleum, drilling engineers whose job requires a more extensive knowledge of petrophysical engineering, data management staff, who is handling and loading digital log data.
About the course
During this course the basic concepts of petrophysical properties such as porosity,permeability and mineralogy in carbonate reservoirs will be covered. The relationships between these parameters and in situ fluid saturations will be discussed.this course is prepared to provide interpretation concepts and fundamentals for carbonate reservoirs on which to develop the petrophysical knowledge and capabilities necessary for geologist, geophysicists, engineers and petrophysicists. Practice application on carbonate reservoir examples will be used as workshop training for quick look interpretation.the case studies for lithofacies identification ,bitumen detection variable parameters in heterogeneous carbonate reservoirs from log data will be studied in this course.
You will learn
- Carbonate Reservoir rock properties
- Discussion on tools will include advantage, disadvantage, physics of each tool was built and calibration
- Lithology (lithofacies in carbonates) and porosity determination
- Fractures, vugs, and bitumen detection in carbonate
- Resistivity, induction measurements
- Coring and core analysis
- Petrophysical parameters evaluation from core and log data
- Formation Evaluation concepts
- Saturation, Archie’s equation
- Permeability determination from logs and cores
- Quick Look interpretation using basic methods and cross-plots
- Output parameters of Open-Hole log Interpretation
- Log Quality Control on tool measurements (log readings) and data handling
- Practice application on carbonate reservoir examples
- Case study for lithofacies and bitumen identification and variable parameters study in carbonate resrvoirs
Targets and Expectations; Reservoir Rock Properties; Reservoir Parameters; Logging Tools Measurements; Open-Hole Logging Tools (Conventional and Recent); Lithology Tools; Porosity Tools; Resistivity Tools; Petrophysical Parameters; Quick Look Well Log Interpretation; Practical Application examples (Workshop); Recent and Advanced Tools While Drilling (LWD) ; Cased- Hole Logging Tools; Formation Evaluation; Advanced Formation Evaluation for Reservoir Petrophysical Model Evaluation; Modern pproaches and Techniques in Petrophysics; Lithology Determination; Petrophysical Parameters Determination; Computer Processed Interpretation (CPI); Log Quality Control; Cases study; Lithofacies Identification; Bitumen detection; Variable Parameters Study; Permeability Prediction in Carbonate Reservoirs.