Introduction to Exploration & Production for New & Non-Technical Professionals
|28 October 2019 - 1 November 2019||Lagos||$ 4,150||Register →|
|8 December 2019 - 12 December 2019||Dubai||$ 4,150||Register →|
Who should attend?
Employees in the oil and gas industry who are engaged in non-technical and administration roles who are interested in enhancing their knowledge and awareness of the Explorationand Production process in the team they’re supporting such as HR, Secrement, Legal, Drafting, Investors and Analysts.
About the course
The course provides an overview of the business of petroleum exploration from acreage selection to final discovery of an oil or gas field. It highlights the multi-disciplinary nature of the business, examines the tools and methods used in exploration & production, and provides an understanding of the technical terminology. The participants will be able to understand key concepts, applications and terminology associated with the acquisition, processing and interpretation of exploration, production and seismic data. This course serves as an excellent foundation for smooth communication and increased efficiency in inter-department project team.
You will learn
- Principles and practices of Petroleum Exploration and Production
- Technical terminology, tools and methods used during exploration and production phase
- Key concepts, applications and terminology associated with the acquisition, processing and interpretation of exploration, production and seismic data
- Increase in efficiency on the inter-department project team communication.
- Why companies explore where they do (rock types and properties, geological models, prospectivity)
- •Where oil and gas come from (source, seal, reservoir, generation, migration, trapping mechanisms)
- How oil and gas fields are found (basin analysis, regional studies, play concepts, prospect generation)
- How explorers determine what it looks like below the surface of the earth (remote sensing)
- How seismic works (acquisition, processing, 2D and 3D surveys)
- What seimic tells us (interpretation, mapping, hydrocarbon indicators)
- Types of drilling rigs
- How rotary wells are drilled
- Information obtained from wells
- Components of a rig
- The mechanics of making hole
- The drilling stages, drilling crew
- Running casing and primary cementing
- Logging and evaluating
- Special techniques (deviated and horizontal drilling)
- Well evaluation
- What can go wrong (kicks, blowoutsand oil spills)
- Refining of Crude Oil