Basic Petroleum Technology for Non Engineers
|23 September 2019 - 27 September 2019||Lagos||$ 4,150||Register →|
Who should attend?
Non technical support staff involved in oil and gas companies or the service sector seeking to gain a better understanding of the industry they work in.
About the course
The oil industry is the largest and most important industry in the world today. This day course provides and introduction to this diverse and fascinating business – from petroleum exploration to refined product marketing and sales. The seminar is presented in a simple understandable format to explain how oil is found, produced or extracted, then transported and refined. Also discussed are the drivers that dictate world oil and gas prices, and the forces behind the changes taking place in the dynamic market. The roles of the integrated operators, independent producers and refiners, and oilfield service companies are also presented. The seminar is presented in an enjoyable atmosphere conducive to open discussion by all attendees.
You will learn
- Basic geology as related to oil & gas reservoir
- Reservoir fluid and rock properties
- Basics of seismic technology
- Reservoirs definition, their development, production and recovery
- Unconventional gas such as tight and shale gas
- Fundamentals drilling, well completions and production operations
- Basic concepts of primary and enhanced recovery operations
- Surface operations
- Terminalogy of exploration and production.
- Current and Future Energy Demand
- Petroleum and Geology
- How Petroleum
- Resources are Found
- Overview of Drilling Operations
- The Life of a Well
- Refining and Distribution
- Markets And Hydrocarbon Prices
- Oil and Gas Producers and Refiners
- The Oilfield Services Sector
- The Future