Basic Petroleum Engineering for New Engineers
|15 July 2019 - 19 July 2019||Lagos||$ 4,150||Register →|
|15 December 2019 - 19 December 2019||Dubai||$ 4,150||Register →|
Who should attend?
Engineers, engineering trainees, technical managers and assistants, technicians, geologists, geophysicists, chemists, physicists, service company personnel, sales, representatives and data processing personnel.
About the course
This course is far more than an introduction to petroleum engineering and certainly is not a superficial presentation of the technology of the industry. Its purpose is to develop an understanding of the technology and its applications at an engineer’s level, and the confidence and professional enthusiasm which comes with that understanding. This course will focus on the field and application approach, and includes classroom exercises, fundamental engineering problems, and basic field exercises.
You will learn
- Basic geology as related to oil & gas reservoir
- Reservoir fluid and rock properties
- Basics of seismic technology
- Reservoirs definition, their development, production and recovery
- Unconventional gas such as tight and shale gas
- Fundamentals drilling, well completions and production operations
- Basic concepts of primary and enhanced recovery operations
- Surface operations
- Terminalogy of exploration and production.
- Current and Future Energy Demand
- Petroleum and Geology
- How Petroleum Resources are Found
- Overview of Drilling Operations
- The Life of a Well
- Refining and Distribution
- Markets And Hydrocarbon Prices
- Oil and Gas Producers and Refiners
- The Oilfield Services Sector
- The Future.