Petroleum Geology for Non-Geologists
|3 June 2019 - 7 June 2019||London||$ 4,150||Register →|
|19 August 2019 - 23 August 2019||Lagos||$ 4,150||Register →|
|21 October 2019 - 25 October 2019||Aberdeen||$ 4,150||Register →|
|22 December 2019 - 26 December 2019||Dubai||$ 4,150||Register →|
Who should attend?
Technical, field, service, support and supervisory personnel desiring to gain an introductory overview of these topics and how they interrelate. Excellent for cross-training of other technical disciplines such as reservoir and surface facility engineers, and anyone who interacts with sub-surface geoscientists.
About the course
This course gives a technical overview of the science and art of drilling operations, completion practices and post-completion wellbore enhancement or remedial workover techniques (well intervention). It develops an understanding of the what, why, and how of each of these areas of engineering practice. Reservoir Engineers will learn what can be done within open-hole and cased wells as they execute reservoir management. Drilling and completion personnel will learn how the producing reservoir can be damaged or stimulated by what they do. The participants learn to visualize what is happening “downhole”, discover what can be accomplished and gain an appreciation for wellbore risks and the possibility of damage to the formation; and how drilling and completion practices can alter reservoir interpretation and performance. The participant will become conversant with specific technical terminology and aware of practical applications, which should enhance communication and interaction between disciplines.
You will learn
- Gain the basic operation sequence and business process from petroleum geology, exploration, drilling, until production
- Identify the common source rocks, generation, migration and Accumulation of hydrocarbons
- Learn about the fundamental knowledge on petroleum geology from the formation of oil and gas, characteristics of petroleum systems, and the use of geological data in petroleum exploration
- Understand the process of well drilling & well completion from its methodology, equipment, and techniques
- Understand the overall economic, legal, and financial aspects of the petroleum business.
- Petroleum Business Process
- Petroleum Geology
- Common Rocks and Minerals
- Sources Rocks, Generation, Migration and Accumulation of Hydrocarbons
- Plate Tectonics & Sedimentary Basins
- Formation of Oil & Gas
- Characteristics of Petroleum Systems
- Depositional System
- Conventional and Unconventional Reservoirs
- Geological Data Acquisition and Analysis in Petroleum Exploration
- Basic Well Log Correlation and Analysis
- Fundamental Prospect & Play
- General Petroleum Business