Advanced Seismic Data Acquisition & Processing
|19 August 2019 - 23 August 2019||Aberdeen||$ 4,150||Register →|
|15 December 2019 - 19 December 2019||Dubai||$ 4,150||Register →|
Who should attend?
Geoscientists and geologists who are in involved with specialized seismic data acquisition and processing.
About the course
This course is based on the modern techniques in data acquisition including the discussion on the available softwares used for data processing. This course will cover how data is integrated from well and geological acquisition, processing, and interpretation. This course will provide a range of available methodologies in retrieving and analyzing seismic data.
You will learn
- Understand the theory and practice of modern seismic data acquisition and processing
- Review the sound and unsound practices of data acquisition and data processing
- Indetify the sources, detectors, and instruments used for land, marine, and shear sources of seismic data
- Develop seismic survey design parameter and learn how to execute this factoring in repeatability and efficiency.
- Review on Basics: Sampling, Aliasing, Reciprocity, Shannon, Fourier
- Principles of Seismic Data Acquisition
- Sound and Unsound Practices: Acquisition Aspects & Processing Aspects
- Quality Control
- Signal to Noise
- Mode Conversion
- Amplitude Faithfulness
- Surveying: Ideal & Pre-Plot
- Practical Limitations: Costs, Irregularities, Remedies
- Souces, Detectors, and Instruments
- Survey Design Execution
- 2D, 3D, Land & Marin Aspects, Key Parameters
- Patterns for Single Sensor Acquisition
- Reapeatability and Efficiency
- OBS Methods
- Time Lapse 4D Aspects
- Cost Aspects
- Summary and Data Capture
- Limits in Processing, Multi-trace Algorithms